FastFiglets you add graphs, videos, and pictures to illustrate your work. Perfect for worksheets, homework, and reports. They call it the "Word Processor for Math". Keystrokes instantly become math symbols, and the on-screen keyboard offers mobile users easy access. FastFigruns within any modern browser, without the need for plug-ins or downloads. Type and share interactive math documents online and with mobile devices. Available in Chrome. FooPlotis an online plotting tool.
- Formula Editor is a simple tool that lets you type and edit mathematical equations in the sidebar of any Google Doc. You can input data using the mathematics input box or by using LaTeX. After you complete your edits, the formula is converted to an image that can be inserted directly into a document.
g (Math) is a popular tool for Math students and teachers. It allows you to create robust expressions and graphs that you can insert directly into your Google Doc. Input expressions using LaTeX, select pre-built formulas which gMathwill convert to LaTeX for you, draw your own formula, or even speak to insert math equations (in Chrome Only). Check out the g (Math) guru for extensive tutorials.
- GeoGebra allows for simple to complex drawings and graphs. It is free. Works on Mac, Windows, Linux, Chrome, iOS, and Android;
haslots of features (including 3D), and it’s fairly intuitive to use. It’s good for shapes, graphing, geometry proofs, algebraic representation of graphs and curves, and a lot more. GeoGebra combines graphing and drawing with the algebraic representation of equations. It also has a spreadsheet view where students can list points (x-coordinate, y-coordinate), plot those points (show them on the graph), then draw a line or a best-fit curve through those points. Graphs can be easily exported to other documents (e.g., MS Word). Here’s one way to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSGR6gvv6x4 but there are others using different GeoGebra functions. (Another side of the story: "I explored GeoGebra and found it too complex for my student and came up with another solution. I took a screenshot of the graph paper the class used and then uploaded it to the Drawing canvas of Google Docs. That way, we used the Drawing tools for plot points and for lines in all planes.
It worked well and the student liked that option best."
- Math Mechanixs is an easy to use general purpose math software program
compatiblewith Microsoft Windows with 2D and 3D Graphing, Calculus, Curve Fitting, Matrices, and More ...It works using a Math Editor (as opposed to a Text Editor) allowing you to type the mathematical expressions similar to the way you would write them on a piece of paper.
- MathTrax is a graphing tool for middle school and high school students to graph equations, physics simulations or plot data files. The graphs have descriptions and sound so you can hear and read about the graph. Blind and low vision users can access visual math data and graph or experiment with equations and
- Wizkids CAS allows teachers and students to harness the power of a graphing calculator in any Google Doc. Students can solve equations, plot graphs, find numerical and exact solutions, simplify and
factorizeexpressions with variables, and drag and drop results and graphs from the sidebar.
What is assistive technology?
The mission of this blog is to serve as a voice of a constant researcher in the field of educational and assistive technologies so that the best products, strategies and services may be located easily, in hopes that they will then be delivered, taught and used to better the lives of people with disabilities.