Classroom Suite 4 provides students with explicit instruction, constructive practice and embedded assessments to allow teachers to gauge progress and individualize instruction for their students.
Classroom Suite 4 includes research-based activity templates that can be used out-of-the-box, or easily customized to meet targeted needs. Lessons can even be sequenced into “intelligent” units to align with district or core curriculum."
Version 4 of Classroom Suite will allow a teacher to use pull-down menu options to create the number of problems in an activity, the type of phonemic sound or skill, the word list to use, etc.Once all the choices have been entered and the activity created, it can be saved in a student folder and used by the student. Scores are recorded in a report area and can be used for data collection and re-teaching/reinforcement if necessary.
You might want to start by watching a YouTube video to see if this is the right software for you. This will give you a nice overview of the program in about 5 minutes.
You can download the free 30 day trial. This software not only supports specials needs but goes beyond the special needs applications and supports remediation for the elementary general education classroom. Great tool for the UDL classroom. Check out the free online video demonstrations.
How to Guides:
- A great Overlay tutorial from ATTO
- How to use the Activity Exchange from MCPS InterACT
- Intellitools Classroom Suite 4 video tutorials from Matthew Press
- Classroom Suite Handouts by Sheri Lenzo
- Classroom Suite Research Basis Information
- Getting Started Classroom Suite 4.pdf
- Intellitools Classroom Suite 4 cheat sheet.pdf
- Annie's Resource Attic includes tons of great tips and tricks for creating educational activities in Classroom Suite. She also lists lots of freebies.
Cambium Learning has created 10 informational videos about the Intellikeys Keyboard
- If you have IntelliTools, you'll want to be sure to get acquainted with the IntelliTools Activity Exchange.
- Check out Annie's Resource Attic for a couple of downloadable activities.
- Learning Magic, as always, has provided a listing of goodies to use with IntelliTools Suite.
- Orange County Public Schools has provided some great tutorials for using with IntelliTools.
- IntelliTools has a blog worth staying in touch with. "The goal of this blog is to provide a place for those of us dedicated to assisting students who struggle with literacy and learning to share ideas and connect."
- Region 2 Florida Instructional Videos by Matthew Press
- Thematic Resources lists a variety of free tools and resources available online that you can use to create your own thematic units with Intellitools Classrom Suite.
Other tools to know about:
- IntelliKeys is an alternative keyboard that can be used as a stand alone tool or with IntelliTools Suite. This keyboard is often the logical next step after the touchscreen when students are working towards using a keyboard and mouse. Intellikeys has several overlays providing various keyboard options, mouse control and cause and effect activities.
- The company also offers the OverlayMaker software which allows you to create overlays that match what the student sees on the screen then uses on the IntelliKeys. It is a simple, easy-to-use drawing program. It comes with the IntelliTools Picture Library of over 300 graphic images. You can also add pictures from your favorite clip art source or use digitized photos.
- Keyguards are also available from IntelliTools to help prevent unintentional keystrokes when using IntelliKeys.
- IntelliTools Extreme! Is a book written by Daniel Herlihy and Connective Technology Solutions Inc. "This idea book for using IntelliTools Classroom Suite sets your imagination loose right after your training ends." And that, is exactly what you need when you have the opportunity to use this wonderful software in your classroom!
- IntelliBraille is used with Classroom Suite, Overlay Maker 3 and IntelliKeys. It is for visually impaired students. It is a complete Braille curriculum with over 115 activities. Tack-Tiles KeyPad for IntelliKeys is designed for students who are Visually Impaired.